Jean has a record of leadership on the major issues. Learn more about Jean on:
income inequality, climate change & energy, jobs & infrastructure, tax fairness & budgets, health care, Lake Hiawatha & Lake Nokomis,
campaign finance, education, clean air & water, affordable housing & a livable city,
transportation, airport, choice, human rights, and labor.
An experienced leader…
- The House is now controlled by a Republican majority so all committee chairs are Republicans. Jean is on four committees: Ways and Means, Environment and Natural Resources Policy and Finance, Legacy Funding Finance, and Job Growth and Energy Affordability Policy and Finance. Jean is also a member of the Legislative-Citizen Commission on Minnesota Resources and the Clean Water Council. After each election, some committee and commission assignments change.
- In the 2013 and 2014 legislative sessions Jean chaired the Environment, Natural Resources and Agriculture Finance Committee. She also served on Ways and Means; Legacy; Agriculture Policy; and Environment and Natural Resources Policy. In addition, she co-chaired the Legislative Citizens Commission on Minnesota Resources and was a member of the Legislative Energy Commission.
- Chair of Environment and Natural Resources Finance Division, 2006-2010
- Chair of Transportation and Transit Policy Committee, 1998, 1999
- Chair of Labor-Management Relations Committee, 1997
- Co-Chair, Legislative Commission on Waste Management, 1992-1996
- Jean was a staff attorney for the Minnesota Court of Appeals prior to being elected